news Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 05:30
The News Minute | February 18, 2015 | Updated 1.04 pm IST A sessions court in Thrissur has rejected bail for beedi tycoon Mohammed Nisham, who was arrested in the last week of January for murderous assault on a security guard. The court rejected the bail and observed that Nisham had used his connections to escape from previous cases. Meanwhile, the Kerala Upa Lokayukta Balachandran has filed a case against the Peramangalam circle inspector Biju for allegedly failing to take the statement of Chandrabose, the security guard who succumbed to his injuries on Monday. Chandrabose was allegedly assaulted with a stick and later rammed by a Hummer in fit of rage by businessman Mohammed Nisham, when he failed to open the gate to the apartment late at night.Ā  Read: 'We were terrified': TNM accesses statement of man who witnessed beedi tycoon Nisham's murderous rage There have been media reports that the police failed to take his statement during the brief periods of consciousness before his death. A doctor treating Chandrabose had told news channel Asianet that Chandrabose was conscious enough to talk for some time during the two weeks he spent on the ventilator. Chandraboseā€™s family however, told The News Minute that he had not spoken much to them during this time. Tweet

Show us some love! Support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.