The investigation team, probing the case of 21 youngsters gone missing from Kerala, on Monday told an Ernakulam court that some of them may have left for Iranian capital Tehran via Bengaluru.
The Times of India reports that public prosecutor P K Sajeev submitted a report before the Ernakulam principal district and sessions court saying Merin Jacob (Mariam) who went missing from Kochi, along with her husband Bestin Vincent (Yahya), had left for a secret location in Tehran.
In the Merin missing case filed by her brother Ebin Abraham, Bestin is the second accused. The suspected Islamic State (IS) sympathisers who were arrested from Mumbai recently viz. Arshid Qureshi (45) and Rizwan Khan (53) are the first and third accused. The arrested will be in police custody till August 15.
The ToI further reports that Quereshiâ€™s name was mentioned in one of the messages sent by Rashid Abdulla of Trikaripur, who was the main link that connected all the missing people.
Meanwhile, amidst all these ongoing investigations, another young man from Kasaragod district has gone missing under mysterious circumstances.
Twenty-one-year-old Abdulla Haris, a native of Adhur, had been missing for the last six months and his relatives lodged a police complaint in this regard on Monday.
However, police said they have no evidence so far to connect his disappearance with the other missing persons.
A class 12 drop out, Abdulla had joined an institution in Trikaripur in the district for religious studies a year ago and later went to Kochi where he started working in a mobile shop.