K’taka 2018 polls: EC begins drive to allow voters to enrol for upcoming polls

The Election Commission has started a special drive to allow voters to register now for the upcoming election.
 K’taka 2018 polls: EC begins drive to allow voters to enrol for upcoming polls
K’taka 2018 polls: EC begins drive to allow voters to enrol for upcoming polls
Written by:

In less than six months, Karnataka is set to go to polls, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah finishing his term in May. Preparations are on in full swing, and the Election Commission (EC) is on an overdrive to ensure more people come out to vote.

A special drive has been launched by the EC till January 22 to enrol eligible workers. If you are over 18 years and six months of age, and do not have a Voters ID, you can still apply for one in the next four days.

Other than applying online (at the Karnataka EC’s website), the drive allows you to apply for an ID in the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike headquarters in Corporation Circle, other BBMP, ward offices in Bengaluru or BangaloreOne centres. 

The documents required for applying for the voter cards are an age and address proof each and a colour passport (3.5x3.5cm) photo.

According to the EC, the revised electoral rolls will be published on February 28.

In case you are already registered as a voter, but lost your voter ID card, you can approach the respective Voter Facilitation Centre with a copy of the FIR and a fee of Rs 25.

To check if your name is in the draft electoral rolls is correct, review the draft electoral rolls here or visit the BBMP ward officers, BangaloreOne offices and all BBMP offices.

If there is an error in your name or if any details in the electoral roll are wrong, you can fill an application (Form 8) to correct the mistakes. This also can be done online here.

If you can’t find your name in the polling station you last voted in, it can be because your polling station has changed.

To know your polling station you can send an SMS “KAEPIC XX” to 9731979899 where XX is the voter ID number.  

If you want to change your address in the voter ID card within the same seat, you can do that same by filling the form 8A both online and offline.

But if you are a registered voter from somewhere else in Karnataka, then you have to fill the form 6 and pay a fee of Rs 25.

Other than that, for any other queries/ complaints, voters can contact all the above-mentioned offices or the Election Commission officials in person or online.

In order to find your respective Electoral Registration Officer or Assistant Electoral Registration, from the official website and for booth level officers, check the list here.

Related Stories

No stories found.
The News Minute