By Muhammed Hussain
Muhammed Hussain is a 23-year-old software engineer currently working with Amazon. He lives in Hyderabad, and is a chess player as well. This post first appeared on Quora.com.
I'm an Indian Muslim and I would like to tell my Hindu brethren, in no particular order:
1. You guys rock! You're very inclusive in your way of living and we love you for that.
2. Diwali and Holi are thoroughly enjoyable festivals and we love it when we are included in the festivities.
3. If I don't drink at a party, please don't repeatedly ask me to. I'll be fine with a soft drink.
4. Please don't try to set me up with a Muslim girl just because you happen to know one.
5. If I'm offering you a non vegetarian dish, you can rest assured that it is not beef.
6. I'm as horrified and disgusted by terror attacks as you are. In fact, I have the added horror of seeing my religion's name being tarnished time and again.
7. Our religious leaders do NOT discourage us from socializing with you.
8. Please don't ask me if I love India or not.
9. If I fall in love with a girl and she happens to be a Hindu, it isn't love jihad.
10. You can offer us prasad. Some of us would accept while others might decline. No harm in asking though.
11. Trust me, there are some idiots in your religion as well, just like there are some in mine.
12. Essentially, we love you guys, and I know that most of you reciprocate. Don't let some bigot destroy this bond.