The News Minute | September 22, 2014 | 02:30 pm IST
An Indian man, who was found guilty of abducting and raping a woman in Australia, has pleaded for a chance to change his life, media reported Monday.
Ajitpal Singh, 31, and Randhir Singh, 21, were found guilty earlier this month by an Australian Capital Territory Supreme Court jury here on charges of sexual assault, committing acts of indecency, unlawful confinement, and abduction.
In a letter read out in the court, Randhir Singh asked the court for a chance to change his life, the Canberra Times reported.
"I have been bullied, bashed, also the survivor of racism from other inmates," he wrote in a letter to the court.
"I want to be a good man. I think, I deserve a second chance," Randhir added.
Randhir and the survivor had met via social media application Tango Sep 25, 2013.
They swapped sexual messages and agreed to meet at Kippax Fair Shopping Centre the next day.
When the survivor tried to back out of the meeting after seeing another man, Ajitpal Singh, with Randhir, the former threatened her child and said he would show her husband the messages.
Randhir then drove the survivor to Ajitpal Singh's flat.
During the assault, a third man, Jaskaran Sandu, 33, took two pictures of her.
Ajitpal Singh then used the pictures to blackmail and rape her, the report said.