Features Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 05:30
The News Minute| October 20, 2014| 9.30 pm lST After the iPhone 6 and its “bend-gate” saga, it's back in news again. This time an American man has alleged that his new iPhone six caught fire and burnt through his jeans. A report that appeared on The Independent says that the iPhone 6 initially bent after the rickshaw that Phillip Lechter and his family was travelling in crashed. Phillip in his blog says that the crash merely rocked the rickshaw, but a couple of minutes later he realised that his leg was burning. He wrote in his blog- “I felt a burning sensation on my leg and then saw and smelled smoke from my pants. I surveyed the rickshaw quickly and could not find anything that could have set me on fire. Then it hit me, my phone was in my pocket.” Phillip has also uploaded a video of the iPhone 6 after it got burnt. On throwing ice upon the phone, a sizzling soung is heard from the phone. Phillip endured second degree burns due to the incident. He recounts the experience as “surreal” in his blog. Apple has not commented on the matter as of now.
Topic tags,
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.