The iconic Ford Mustang GT, first launched in 1964, has come to India. The company claims to have sold more than 9 millions cars worldwide, since its first launch. The original 64 Mustang, which appeared in the James Bond film Goldfinger, was only offered with three engines and came with 101 horsepower. The sixth generation Mustang offers 526 bhp although a toned-down version of this at 395 bhp has been introduced in India. The launch price of the car is Rs. 65 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Mustang GT was first unveiled at the 2016 Auto Expo and has finally reached Indian shores.
The car comes with:
1. A 5-litre V8 transmission in petrol variant coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission.
2. A right-hand drive model that has been introduced for the first time with the sixth generation Mustang. It has a ground clearance of 137mm and a fuel tank capacity of 61 litres.
3. Eight airbags, including knee airbags, adaptive cruise control, safety belt pre-tensioners and crash sensors. It is also equipped with advanced voice control connected to an 8-inch touchscreen.
4. A top speed of 250 kmph, with a seating capacity of four people.
5. Four driving modes viz. Normal, Sport+, Track and Wet.