The actor tweeted that it was disgraceful that someone had issued an announcement in his name.

Havent made any announcement about break up with Gautami Kamal HaasanFile photo
Flix Break Up Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:02

Following the news of actor Kamal Haasan and Gautami Tadimalla parting ways after almost 13 years together,  reports with Kamal's response to the issue have been doing the rounds. However, Kamal took to Twitter to rubbish the news. "It is disgraceful that someone has released an announcement in my name under these circumstances. I'm not planning to release any announcement at this time," the actor tweeted in Tamil.

The Deccan Chronicle had previously reported that Kamal had said, “Whatever gives her comfort and solace is fine by me. My feelings at the moment are of no importance. What matters is that Gautami and Subbu should be comfortable and happy. I wish them all the best and want them to know I am there for them whenever they need me. I am blessed with three daughters — Shruti, Akshara and Subbulakshmi. I consider myself the luckiest father in the world."

Gautami, a single mother with a 17-year-old daughter Subbalakshmi, has been in a live-in relationship with Haasan since 2003. 

In the past, Haasan has called Gautami a progressive woman, who has never pressured him to marry her. Gautami, a cancer survivor, met Haasan on the sets of "Apoorva Saghodarargal" in 1989. The actor shared her decision to part ways with him, on her blog. 

Speaking to Tamil news channel Puthiya Thalaimurai, Gautami said, "The decision was a process taken over time. We aren't small children. Things change with time. If it doesnt work out, you have to accept it finally."  She said that Kamal Haasan took the break-up in a "matured and sympathetic manner". 

Gautami's full blog post can be found here.

 

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.