Five farmers suffer fatal burns and die on the spot after contact with a live wire in AP
news Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 05:30
The News Minute | November 29, 2014 | 11:20 am IST Five farmers were electrocuted to death on Friday in Cheekalagurthi village of Anantapur district after they accidently came in contact with a live wire while repairing a bore pump. The police claimed that the farmers, all belonging to the same family, were replacing a motor when an iron pipe came into contact with the overhead live wire. The shock was so powerful that all five of them suffered fatal burns and died on the spot. According to a report in the Times of India, The victims have been identified as Revanna, his two sons Yerra Swamy and Brahmaiah, grandson Rajasekhar and relative Veerendra. Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu, who is currently in Japan, condoled the deaths and assured government assistance.
Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.