Some people broke the window panes of the building to escape.

Fire breaks out in Vijayawada hospital no casualties reported
news Accident Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 16:00

 Fire broke out in a private hospital here on Tuesday, with no immediate reports of casualties, police said.

Smoke was noticed on the first floor of Sentini Super Specialty Hospital as a fire broke out, apparently due to a short circuit.

The incident led to panic among patients and their attendants.

Relatives of the patients and hospital staff had a tough time in shifting the patients out of the building, police said.

Some people broke the window panes of the building.

Fire fighting personnel deployed escalators to rescue the people trapped inside.

Ambulances were pressed into service to shift the patients to other hospitals. 

Fire tenders controlled the fire, which damaged part of the hospital.

More details are awaited.

Topic tags,
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.