An electric short-circuit may have caused the fire.

Fire breaks out at Nellore hospital no causalities as fire personnel douse flames
news News Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:34

A massive fire broke out in the pharmacy section of the Gudur Area Hospital in Nellore district on Thursday morning, risking the life of over 300 people present in the building.

However, no causalities were reported, as people quickly fled the scene, or were evacuated. 

Fire personnel rushed to the hospital, and managed to douse the flames, before it could spread further. However, the fire did damage a large amount of equipment.

The Times of India reported that the out-patient wing was shifted to the second block on the hospital premises after the incident, and the loss of property was estimated at Rs 6 lakh.

The report also adds that an electric short-circuit may have caused the fire.

In February this year, a massive fire broke out in the first floor of government-run Victoria General Hospital in Visakhapatnam, reportedly due to a short-circuit in the incubator room.

As soon as the fire broke out, nearly 10 newborn babies in the room were rescued by the hospital staff.

Two fire engines with 10 firemen were sent to the hospital and the fire was doused in half an hour.

In January, a fire broke out on the first floor of Sentini Super Specialty Hospital in Vijayawada, which resulted in thick smoke engulfing the building from inside.

The incident led to panic among patients and their attendants, with some people breaking the window panes of the building.

Fire fighting personnel deployed escalators to rescue the people trapped inside, and ambulances were pressed into service to shift the patients to other hospitals. 

Watch visuals of the latest fire incident below.

 

Topic tags,
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.