Fatal selfie: 14-year-old dies in Kerala, electrocuted while trying to click picture
news Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:30
The News Minute | August 12, 2014 | 12:54 pm IST A 14-year-old boy, who was electrocuted while trying to take a selfie on top of a stationary train, died late last night in Kerala. Shihabuddin, a student of class 9, had climbed on top of a goods train which was parked at the Shoranur railway station. But what Shihabuddin failed to notice was a 250 kilowatt electric line that was running above the train, that resulted in his electrocution. He was then rushed to a private hospital in Thrissur. He was later shifted to Thrissur Medical College in a critical condition. The boy hailed from poor family and so people living in their area contributed for his treatment , but he unfortunately succumbed to his injuries.
Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.