28-year-old Sheikh Saddam was beheaded with a sickle used to cut coconuts.

Duo behead man in Telangana walk to police station with severed head to surrender
news Crime Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 08:35

Two men in Telangana murdered a man by beheading him, and then took the severed head to the police station and surrendered after committing the crime.The incident took place late Saturday evening at Nampally mandal of Nalgonda district.

The personnel at Nampally police station were shocked to see two men — Mohammed Irfan and Mohammed Ghouse — entering the building with one of them holding a severed head in one hand and a sickle in the other. The two then confessed and surrendered. Mohammed Ghouse is a bike mechanic and Irfan is a car driver. They are both 22 years of age.

According to police, the severed head is that of autorickshaw driver 28-year-old Sheikh Saddam. He was beheaded by the duo with a sickle used to cut coconuts.

Preliminary investigations revealed that Irfan and Ghouse murdered Saddam to avenge the death of their cousin, Razia. The woman, who was a widow, was in a relationship with Saddam and was taken to Hyderabad by him some years ago to work at a residence a Saroornagar. She was later found dead under suspicious circumstances in 2017 and the duo had since then blamed him for her death, reported IANS.

On Saturday, the duo had met Saddam around 6 pm and argued with him for not taking care of their cousin's two children.

Saddam reportedly refused to take care of Razia's children, which angered Ghouse who picked up a sickle from a coconut vendor and slashed his neck. Irfan then took the weapon and also attacked Saddam with the same sickle. Both of them hacked at the body multiple times thus detaching the head from the torso, said the Nalgonda District Additional Superintendent of police Padmanabha Reddy to the Times of India.

The duo left the torso on the road went to the nearest police station to surrender.

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.