The midmarket segment phone Le 1s from Chinese manufacturer LeEco-- formerly called Letv - has generated much curiosity and anticipation among Indian smartphone users after its formal launch at the end of January.
But is the phone worth its price?
Here are seven things you need to know before buying this phone:
1) Build and design: Aluminum alloy single shell body similar to that of the iPhone with flattened edges. Along with a full metal uni-body, the phone has a mirror-based fingerprint scanner at the back. The sleekness of the phone makes it perfect for single hand use.
2) Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) IPS LCD display with vibrant colors and decent contrast and a reflective screen.
3) Software: Although the phone runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop), it operates with its own custom user interface called EUI, which makes it look like Apple iOS.
4) Performance: The iPhone lookalike comes with an octa core Helios X10 processor with a speed of 2.2 GHz coupled with 3GB RAM.
5) Storage: The phone has a 32GB internal memory but no microSD card slot for additional storage.
6) Camera: The camera seems to be a downer for this phone. Although it has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera, the level of detailing is poor compared to other phones in this segment.
7) Battery and Charging: The battery is more than decent with 3000 mAh with a fast charging option as it comes with a USB-C slot.