Just over a month has passed after the CBI started its investigation into the death of IAS officer DK Ravi, and round two of the speculation slugfest has already begun. So much so that the CBI has been forced to state the investigation has not yet yielded any concrete conclusions. Earlier this week, several media reports said that the CBI had completed its investigation and reached the conclusion that Ravi had committed suicide. On Wednesday however, The Indian Express said the CBI had come to the conclusion that Ravi had committed suicide, and the reasons included a failed romantic relationship combined with a failed attempt at entering the real estate business that allegedly ended in debt. All the information in the report has been attributed to “sources”. The report said, "The agency claims its investigation has shown Ravi was involved in an “improper attempt” to acquire around 50 acres of land for a real estate project that he and a friend had embarked on with investments from different quarters including his wife’s family and IAS batchmates." Following this, other media houses too reported the suicide angle. This appears to have forced the CBI to take note. They began to reach out to the media and even issued a short message which was circulated among journalists’ WhatsApp groups along with the mobile phone number of CBI’s PRO in Delhi. The message said, “Ref reports in certain section of media regarding CBI concluding its investigation in DK Ravi's case.. CBI would like to state that all aspects/hypotheses relating to the unnatural death of DK Ravi are being enquired into. The matter is under investigation and no conclusion has yet been drawn on the matter.” Following this, The Times of India and Deccan Chronicle have published reports that state that the CBI is still conducting its investigation and that they had not reached a conclusion whether the death was due to suicide. In fact both papers on Thursday reported that the agency's preliminary probe shows that the 35-year-old officer never made 44 calls to his female batchmate on March 16, but made just one call. This has once again started a war of words between the BJP and Congress, with the BJP accusing the Congress of spreading canards. The Congress in turn has asked the BJP to be patient till CBI completes investigation. Ravi’s death on March 16 shook the state and caught the imagination of the people as he had a reputation for being an honest officer who took on powerful lawbreakers. Opposition parties BJP and JD (S) disrupted the ongoing Assembly session demanding a CBI inquiry, claiming that the ruling Congress was attempting a cover-up. There were protests all over the state demanding a fair investigation and allegations that the influential Congress leaders were trying to scuttle the probe. In the midst of all these, several media reports appeared carrying details of the investigation – which may have been false – and attributed to anonymous sources. There were also some reports in the media about how certain police officials who never divulged any information to journalists had called reporters and given them information about the investigation’s progress. What resulted was a mass of misinformation and distortion which became almost impossible to comprehend by the time the state government decided on March 23 to hand over the probe to the CBI, who took up the case on April 16 after completing legal procedures. And now it looks like we are all set for a round two and possibly round three. Read- Why is Shashi Tharoor so ANGRY with Times Now?