news Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 05:30

The News Minute | January 13, 2015 | 09.20 am IST

Charlie Hebdo has released its next cover after the attack on its office last week .

The cover cartoon features the Prophet Mohammed holding up a sign which says “Je suis Charlie” with a tear on his face.

Above the cartoon are the words “All is forgiven” reported AFP.

The publication released what it called the “survivor’s issue” which will be the first since two gunmen stormed the Charlie Hebdo’s Paris office on January 7 and killed 12 people saying that it was revenge for all the previous publications released by the magazine.

Additionally, the magazine also announced that it would print three million copes instead of the usual 60,000 when the magazines reappear on news stands this week, said the report.

Charlie                                    

The French government has announced deployment of around 10,000  security forces to give additional security at sensitive sites in the country including Jewish schools, said the report. 

According to the New York Times, just two days after the attacks at the Paris office, about 25 members of the staff gathered at the offices of a leftlist daily Libération, under heavy police protection, to work on the next issue.

Their first meeting after the attack began with remembrances of their murdered colleagues, updates on the wounded and a visit by the Prime Minister himself.

The paper will also run drawings done by five of the cartoonists killed - Stéphane Charbonnier, known as Charb, the paper's editor; Jean Cabut, known as Cabu; Bernard Verlhac, known as Tignous; Georges Wolinski; and Philippe Honoré, said the report. 

Read Charlie Hebdo's next edition to 'naturally' have satires on Prophet Mohammed

Show us some love! Support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.