In a shocking incident, a dead scorpion was found in the plate of a two-year-old, at a roadside outlet in Andhra Pradeshâ€™s Kurnool town.
M Ramudu, a meat shop owner, who is a resident of Venkanna Bavi, took his daughter to a hotel in Shareen Nagar and ordered a plate of Idli. As she was eating it, Ramudu noticed the dead scorpion and took away the plate immediately, The New Indian Express reported.
Since the girl had already consumed one Idli, they rushed her to the hospital. However, the doctors said that there was nothing to worry about, and that the girl was alright, the TNIE report adds.
Enraged by the alleged negligence of the hotel management, Ramudu along with locals, entered into a heated argument with the hotel owner.
The hotel owner denied the claims made by Ramudu, and said that he had been in the business for a long time, and never received any such complaint.
However, Ramudu complained to the local health department officials and municipal authorities about the alleged negligence.
Following this, the hotel owner was booked and the hotel was sealed after an inspection, The Hans India reported.
Last month, in a similar incident, a customer who went for lunch in Ulavacharu Hotel in Hyderabadâ€™s Jubilee Hills area allegedly found live insects in his food.
At the time, customer B Kiran Goud lodged a complaint with the Health Wing of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), who fined the management for negligence.