After 13 hours of police grilling, Dileep brazens it out and says he is ‘confident’

The questioning began around 12.30 pm on Wednesday and ended around 1.30 am on Thursday.
After 13 hours of police grilling, Dileep brazens it out and says he is ‘confident’
After 13 hours of police grilling, Dileep brazens it out and says he is ‘confident’
Written by:

The Malayalam actor abduction case paced up on Wednesday after the Kerala police brought in actor Dileep and his close friend and director Nadirshah to enquire about their alleged role in the kidnap and assault on the actor. The 13-hour police questioning ended well pastmidnight, into the wee hours of Thursday.

Speaking to the media after the questioning, a visibly tired Dileep told the media that he was confident that he will come out clean. "I have given detailed statement based on the complaint I filed. We also spoke in detail about the crime itself,” he said.

“Police is investigating the case in a proper manner. It is my requirement too that the truth comes out,” he told reporters as he was being escorted to his car by the police.

When a reporter asked Dileep if this was an interrogation, he said, "As I told you, the police took my detailed statement on the complaint I filed. We discussed every aspect related to the case."

Nadirshah did not speak to the media.

Dileep and Nadirshah were questioned at the Police Club, Aluva. The questioning began around 12.30 pm on Wednesday and ended around 1.30 am on Thursday.

Actor Siddique and Nadirshah’s brother Samad also reached the police club, but the investigating team denied them permission to meet the actor and the filmmaker. Samad was called inside the club after the questioning was over, according to media reports.

Rural Superintendent of Police George told media that the actor will be summoned again if needed. “At this stage, it is not possible to give a clean chit to anyone, we will question Dileep again if needed,” the officer said.

Dileep also told the media that he will be attending the two-day general body meeting of Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA) on Thursday, which began in Kochi on Wednesday. The association had waited for three hours for Dileep to attend, and avoided discussing the issue on Wednesday, but is likely to discuss it on Thursday.

AMMA president Innocent told reporters that it is better not to make a public statement on the issue when the investigation is going on.

The lady Malayalam actor was abducted and allegedly abused in a moving vehicle in Kochi on February 17. The investigation in the case took a new turn on June 24 when it was leaked that Vishnu, friend of the main accused in the case, Sunil Kumar aka Pulsur Suni, demanded Rs 1.5 crore from Dileep for not to frame him in the case. Following this Dileep said that the reopening of the case was done on his complaint given to the DGP two months ago. 

Related Stories

No stories found.
The News Minute