Reports said she was left unattended in a pool of blood on platform number six, even though many passersby took photographs of the incident.

50-yr-old woman dies after falling from train at Bengalurus Yeshwantpur stationRepresentational image
news Accident Friday, January 18, 2019 - 09:26

A 50-year-old unidentified woman died on Thursday evening after she accidentally fell from a train as it arrived at the Yeshwantpur Railway Station in Bengaluru, according to reports. Reports said the woman was a passenger of Hubli-Bengaluru train and was left unattended in a pool of blood on Platform number six even though many passersby took photographs of the incident on their phone.

Even the Railway Police Force which was informed allegedly denied help citing that action will be taken only when senior rail officials arrive at the scene. A senior officer of the Railway Police reportedly claimed that the reason for her death was not the accident but cardiac arrest, according to The New Indian Express.

This tragic accident comes within a month of two men working with IT major Wipro, who also reportedly died under similar circumstances in Bengaluru. In the first incident, a Kerala native Vikram Vijayan, a 28-year-old Bengaluru-based engineer died after he came under a moving train on December 18, 2018. The tragedy occurred at Carmelaram railway station in the eastern fringe of the city after he went to see off his parents.

Vikram had tried to get off the moving train after keeping his parents’ luggage in their seats of the Yeshwantpur-Kannur Express train. But as he tried to jump in the opposite direction, he lost his balance and fell in the gap between the moving train and the platform, police said.

28-year-old Wipro techie dies in Bengaluru while trying to deboard a moving train

The other incident took place at the KR Puram Railway Station on January 4 when 38-year-old Bengaluru-based software engineer Kiran Kumar came under a moving train and died on the spot while trying to deboard. He was travelling to Bengaluru from Chennai in the Chennai Mail when the incident occurred.