A major fire broke out in a plastic factory in Mailardevpally, Rajendra Nagar in Hyderabad on Wednesday. The cause of the fire is reportedly due to short circuit.
While no casualties were reported, goods estimated to be worth Rs 50-60 lakh has reportedly been destroyed, informed fire department officials.
“The incident took place early morning at around 5am. We got alerted about the incident at around 6.15am. Initially, the owner and his employees tried to douse the fire using a hose pipe. However, as they couldn’t contain the fire, they had called Rajendra Nagar Fire Station,” said P Prem Kumar, Station Fire Officer, Rajendra Nagar.
Prem said that by the time they reached the spot, the entire factory was consumed by fire.
“Totally five vehicles, three vans from Rajendra Nagar and Moghalpura and two bullets were deployed to contain the fire, which engulfed the entire factory. There were no casualties and the fire was contained within two hours,” he informed.
But, strangely no police complaint was filed.
Speaking to TNM, Mailardevpally police Inspector, P Jagadeeshwar said, “I too saw the visuals of the fire on TV, but we did not receive any complaint in this regard.”
In a similar fire accident in Mailardevpally last year, property worth Rs 1 lakh were destroyed, when a fire broke out in a plastic godown.
Rajendra Nagar Mandal, which is on the outskirts of Hyderabad, has many small-scale industries, and such fire accidents have been
Six months ago, a fire accident in an air cooler factory in Attapur village, Rajendra Nagar claimed six lives.