Last January, the baby had left many stumped after reports that he had spontaneously caught on fire

Year-old burning baby dies of diarrhoea in Villupuram
news Friday, February 19, 2016 - 09:47

The one-year-old baby boy, who had made headlines and left doctors puzzled after catching fire spontaneously last year, died of diarrhoea in Villupuram district.  

The Hindu reports that he was taken to the Mundiyampakkam government medical college hospital on as he was suffering from severe diarrhoea. But after doctors had referred the parents to JIPMER for treatment, they could not proceed immediately. They found the baby unconscious late into the night and rushed to Mozhiyanur government general hospital, where doctors declared that the baby was dead. His body was cremated in Mozhiyanur the same evening.

The baby and his elder brother Rahul have left the medical fraternity stumped after their parents claimed that they spontaneously caught fire. The one-year-old had earlier caught fire once when he was eight days old in January last year while Rahul, who is presently four years old, is said to have caught fire on four occasions.


 

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.