Jalaluddin was immediately shifted to Osmania Hospital where he died on Sunday afternoon while undergoing treatment

Watch A senseless stunt with fire took this Hyderabad boys lifeScreenshot from the video
news Fire Monday, April 11, 2016 - 20:54

Inspired by reality show ‘India's Got Talent’ on Colors channel and wanting to participate in the show, a teenager in Hyderabad performed a fire stunt, which tragically led to his death.

On April 7, at around 2 pm, 19-year-old Mohammad Jalaluddin took his friends to a hillock behind Faluknama Palace to make the video. 

He first performed the fire-eating stunt. Then, he poured kerosene on his T-shirt, lit the fire and asked his friends to record everything on his phone. But unfortunately, while performing the stunt, the fire engulfed him and burnt him badly.  

Jalaluddin was immediately shifted to Osmania Hospital where he died on Sunday afternoon while undergoing treatment. He gave a dying declaration to the police that no one but himself should be held responsible for his death.

He was an intermediate student and was a resident of Jahanuma.

ACP Abdul Bari told The News Minute, “By the time the fire was put off, he was already 63 percent burnt. We immediately rushed him to hospital where he admitted the reason behind this incident and we also recorded his statement. Even in this grave situation, he wanted to send the video to India's Got Talent reality show.”

“I request all the youngsters to be more careful and not to perform such things because losing a young child is not an easy thing for parents. Better to do useful things instead of doing things which may take someone’s life.”

A case has been registered under section 174 CrPC (Unnatural death).  

 

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.