In yet another shocking incident of apathy in Hyderabad's state-run hospitals, a small child at Niloufer hospital was seen being carried around by her family, with her breathing support in tow, as she was allegedly not provided a stretcher.
In videos that surfaced on social media, the child is seemingly in a semi-conscious state, and is being taken to the ESROP room, while getting breathing support from an oxygen tank.
While one person drags a large oxygen tank with tubes, the child's father carries her, even as she takes breathing support via an oxygen mask.
The Times of India reported that the girl was being shifted from the new building to the old building of the hospital, as adequate stretchers were not available for patients.
Emergency services in neloufer kids hospital in hyd ts . no streature in hospital .. So walking with patient with oxyegen cylinder. Whatch pic.twitter.com/XSwwcA04W4â€” Realwaves .. (@mohsinjournalis) March 30, 2017
The incident seems to have occurred on Wednesday night.
Another video that has surfaced shows the same people shifting the child, with the same set up.
A small child in emergency is taken in hands no strecher in hospital see the faith of the child Nilofer hospital.@iamKavithaRao @KTRTRS pic.twitter.com/CegP4bzWIMâ€” Ansar Syed (@SA214H) March 30, 2017
These videos have surfaced just a month after five mothers died at the Niloufer hospital in Hyderabad in a single week, while delivering their babies.
The deaths occurred between January 28 and February 4, and all the patients who died, had undergone a C-section surgery.
Following that, the hospital had temporarily stayed all C-section deliveries, and had also formed a three-member committee to probe the deaths.
While the families of the deceased alleged that the deaths were caused by negligence, the hospital denied these allegations.
Read: One hospital, five new mothers - all dead: The unexplained C-section deaths in Hyderabad
Earlier this month, Hyderabad witnessed apathy at its state-run Gandhi hospital too, after a man was seen using a toy tricycle to move around, because he was denied a wheelchair, allegedly because he could not pay bribes.
The patient, S Raju, a resident of Begumpet, had reportedly suffered burn injuries after sustaining an electric shock in August last year and went to the hospital for follow-up check-up.
Rajuâ€™s wife, Santoshi, has alleged that ward-boys had been demanding Rs 100 for providing wheelchair, but she did not have money to pay the bribe.
Read: Video: Unable to pay bribe for wheelchair, Hyd man moves around hospital in sonâ€™s toy tricycle