The child suffered minor injuries.

Tourist tries to save child from drowning dies of electrocution in Brindavan GardensBy THOMAS LINET (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons
news Death Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:45

In a shocking incident, a tourist in Mandya district died while he was trying to rescue a child from drowning in a musical fountain on Monday.

Radhesyam Gupta, a 32-year-old tourist from Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh, died of suspected electrocution at the Brindavan Gardens in Krishna Raja Sagara (KRS) reservoir. He died on the spot, reported The Times of India.

Gupta got into the water and tried to grab the child who was sinking but reportedly slipped into the pond. The pond was fitted with lights and electrical wires.

The child suffered minor injuries.

Officials say that Gupta might have come in contact with a live wire or an iron pipe which was in contact with a live wire.  

“The incident is shocking. Tourists should be careful that there is thick web of electric wires across the garden to illuminate thousands of bulbs,” a senior officer said.

A case has been registered at KRS police station.

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.