1. The Special Investigation team has said that Ashok Kumar and Shankare Gowda, two suspects arrested in connection to corruption and extortion at the Lokayukta's office, destroyed evidence at the behest of another suspect, the suspended Lokayukta Joint Commissioner (PRO) Syed Riyaz, Ambarish B reports for Deccan Herald. The SIT also said that it has evidence which links Kumar and Gowda to Riyaz.
2. The three-year-old girl, of a couple hailing from Manipur who live in the city, was allegedly sexually abused in her school in Indiranagar on Monday, reports Deccan Herald. Police suspect that the incident took place inside the campus as the girl just said "school, uncleā€¯ when asked what had happened.
3. A three-member team from the forensic sciences department of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, have come to Bengaluru to help the CBI in probing the unnatural death of IAS officer DK Ravi. On Monday, the team visited the late officer's flat in Koramangala. Read details.
4. Seven farmers from across the state committed suicide on Monday. The reasons for their suicide is said to be crop loss and their inability to repay loans. Read details.
5. A family trip turned tragic when two sisters were washed away in the Cauvery river at Mekedatu near Kanakpura in Sathanur police station limits. The family of Rajinikanth Reddy and his brother had visited the spot on Sunday afternoon. While playing, the girls got washed away in the strong current. The police and search teams have launched a search operation to fish out the bodies.