1. The Telangana government owes around Rs 5,000 crore as salary arrears to its nearly 2 lakh employees and 2.40 lakh pensioners in the state. The figure is based in connection to the implementation of the 10th Pay Revision Commission recommendations, L. Venkat Ram Reddy reports for Deccan Chronicle.
2. The Biometric Attendance System will reportedly be made compulsory for municipal, outsourcing and contract employees working in Urban Local Bodies in the state, as per direction from the commissioner and director of municipal administration (CDMA). Any violations of the rules will attract serious action.
3. A class X student of Kasturba Gandhi Bal ika Vidyalaya (KGBV) in Mahamuttaram was allegedly flogged by the warden on her legs and arms, leaving her with a limp. The warned also allegedly coerced the girl into keeping silent about the incident.
4. The Central government has given a green signal to the proposed National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) at Zaheerabad in Medak district. The 11,252 acres of land on which the NIMZ will come up had been identified by the combined Andhra government in the past, reports R Avadhani of The Hindu.
5. The Telangana Advocates' JAC representatives have lodged a complaint against Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu at the Saroornagar police station accusing him of attempting to create differences between the people of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Read details.