Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi termed the demonetisation exercise as a scheme for the 1% super rich of the country at the expense of the poor and middle class people of India.
He was speaking at the Congress party headquarters in the national capital on Wednesday on the occasion of 132nd foundation day of the Congress party.
Following are the highlights of his speech:
- PM Modi should reveal how much black money has been recovered
- Restrictions on withdrawals must be lifted now. It is taking away the financial independence of the people. The money belongs to the people not the government nor the banks.
- PM Modi should tell how many people have died due to demonetisation and if the government has given them compensation or not
- PM should present the list of those with Swiss Bank accounts. That list is with PM and he should present it in the Parliament.PM Modi performed yagna for 50 families; poor suffered while the rich 1% super rich benefited. He should release the list of people who deposited more than Rs 25 lakh in their bank accounts two months before November 8
- Modi should waive loans of farmers as they have suffered huge losses due to demonetisation. Farmers should be given 20% bonus in addition to the MSP. Women from BPL families should be given Rs 25, 000 each. MNREGA wages should be doubled and Income Tax, Sales Tax should be rebated for small businessmen and shopkeepers.
The charter of demands comes a day after Rahul Gandhi led a meeting of eight opposition parties with West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee alongside him calling for Prime Minister Narendra Modiās resignation.