Features Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 05:30
The News Minute | March 27, 2015 | 7:08 p.m. IST At a Mumbai Sessions Court on Friday, actor Salman Khan gave his version of events of the 2002 hit-and-run case for the first time. According to a report by NDTV, Khan, who is being tried for culpable homicide not amounting to murder for allegedly running over five people and killing one of them in the process said that he hadn’t consumed any alcohol prior to the accident and that he wasn’t driving the vehicle. “I instructed the driver to inform the police. I remained at the spot for 15 minutes or more”, he reportedly told the court.  Rubbishing allegations that he was under the influence of alcohol, Khan said that the bills paid out for food and alcohol in the bar he was at prior to the incident were not in his name Earlier, Khan’s bodyguard, Ravindra Patel, in a statement had said that the actor had been driving his Toyota Land Cruiser in an inebriated state and had lost control of the vehicle, thereby causing the accident.  “My left door was jammed so I could not open it”, said Khan, refuting allegations from multiple witnesses who claimed to have seen the actor exit the car from the driver’s side. Read more at: Salman Khan Tells Mumbai Court in Hit-and-Run Case: I Wasn't Driving, Wasn't Drunk Tweet Follow @thenewsminute

Show us some love! Support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.