One person died and three people were injured in a fire accident at an IAS academy at Gandhi park in Coimbatore on Friday.
Police confirmed that there were four boxes of firecrackers and it also got burnt due to the short circuit. The deceased person has been identified as Shaktivel, (23). He died on the way to the hospital. The five injured students were rushed to Coimbatore government hospital. The five injured are Gayathri, Aranganathan, Muthu, Girish Raja and Vijayalakshmi.
Fire personnel rescued about 200 students of the academy and took them to safety.
Police suspect a short circuit to have caused the fire. Five fire rescue teams attempted to douse the fire.
On Thursday, nine people had died in a fire accident in Sivakasi. Firecrackers were being loaded into a lorry when the accident occurred. More people were injured at a scanning center nearby.