According to news reports, the viscera report of actor Kalabhavan Mani who died on March 6 in Kochi shows traces of an insecticide and methanol present in his internal organs.
A chemical substance known as Chlorpyrifos –usually used in insecticides- was reportedly found present in the actor’s body, apart from methanol and ethanol. Chlorpyrifos is normally used to control many different kinds of pests, including termites, mosquitoes, and roundworms.
The actor who was earlier apparently under treatment for liver and kidney ailments at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) in Kochi is believed to have died due to a sudden worsening of a serious liver condition coupled with supposed consumption of spurious liquor the previous night along with a few friends at his outhouse in Padi near Chalakudy.
Following his brother Ramakrishnan’s allegations of foul play behind Mani’s sudden passing away, the police took in three of his staff members –Vipin, Arun and Murugan- for questioning.
Ramakrishanan wanted to know why it was only Mani who bore the brunt of the so-called spurious liquor consumed and not his friends. He also raised doubts on why the said trio cleant up the place before any family-member could reach the spot.
The police had also interrogated actor-cum-television anchor Sabumon Abdusamad also known as Tharikada Sabu in this regard. His name had cropped up in the course of investigation as one of those who had visited Mani the previous day.
Mani’s wife Nimmi too has appealed to the media to stop circulating false rumours about Mani’s troubled family life and reiterated that her husband could never have contemplated suicide.
Though Nimmi claims to have been ignorant about Mani’s liver ailment, she added that Mani would drink only beer since the time he was diagnosed with jaundice a couple of years back.
Dr. Sumesh –Assistant Professor at the Alapuzha Medical College- was the first one to respond to Mani’s manager Joby’s distress call on March 5. In an interview to Asianet News, Dr. Sumesh reiterates that Mani had vomited blood at least five times before reaching the hospital.
You can watch the video here.