Reacting strongly to the viral video in which Karnataka Congress Social Media head Ramya is seen talking about fake social media accounts, the actor-turned-politician said that the “video has been edited” for the BJP’s convenience.
In a series of tweets, Ramya went on to explain that the video had been edited out of context.
“I was explaining the difference between bots, fake accounts and multiple accounts to a question from the audience. To the question, I had answered saying that if they wanted to express their own view then to do so on their individual handle, not on an official account,” Ramya said.
1. The video is edited out of context— Divya Spandana/Ramya (@divyaspandana) February 7, 2018
2. Was explaining the difference between bots, fake accounts & multiple accounts to a question from the audience.
3. Said, if you want to express your own view please do so on your individual handle not on an official account
E.g., pics pic.twitter.com/kXlV4ZAuxL
In the video, Ramya is seen saying, “So today, you will create three accounts in the names of others. Fake accounts are bots, meaning robots or machines. One person can have multiple accounts. There is nothing wrong with that. I have my personal account on Facebook and also another page.”
On Tuesday evening, BJP social media convenor Balaji Srinivas had tweeted the video stating that Ramya had advised Congress workers to create fake accounts.
“Sandalwood queen Ramya explains how to create fake accounts in social media,” Balaji Srinivas had tweeted.
Ramya refuted the claims and said that the BJP was resorting to “diversion tactics” after she had called out MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar on Twitter.
On Tuesday, Ramya had tweeted a list of questions to the MP. The tweet came in the wake of the Congress-BJP Twitter war after Prime Minister Narendra Modi accused the Karnataka government of corruption.
“Here’s the full list that needs answers from you Rajeev: 1. The land that was allotted to KMF in Koramangala, 2. The SEZ land allotted in Hassan, 3. The 75 acres of land allotted near Bangalore airport, 4. The acquisition of land under the KIADB to set up a plant at Dabaspet,” Ramya had tweeted.
Here’s the full list that needs answers from you Rajeev— Divya Spandana/Ramya (@divyaspandana) February 6, 2018
1. The land that was allotted to KMF in Koramangala
2. The SEZ land allotted in Hassan
3. The 75 acres of land allotted near Bangalore airport
4. The acquisition of land under the KIADB to set up a plant at Dabaspet https://t.co/2XmUCoK5JF
She went on to allege that the BJP was resorting to diversion tactics as they were unable to answer her questions, which is why they had released an edited version of the video.