The News Minute | March 01, 2015 | 05.20 pm IST
Access to television, mobile phones and even internet along with permission to meet visitors every single day - these are the facilities available for Zaki ur-Rehman Lakhvi , one of the main suspects in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
According to a BBC report, any number of visitors could visit Lakhvi and they did not need to identify themselves to jail officials.
Arrested in December 2008, four days after being named in Indiaâ€™s list of suspects in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, he was indicted along with six others in 2009 in relation to the case.
â€śOn an average, he receives about 100 visitors every day; they are escorted to his private quarters where they can meet him without the watch of jail guards, and can stay for as long as they like, said the report.
According to a jail official, though LeT activities are being handled by an acting chief Ahmed ,Lakhvi still remains the operationâ€™s chief for the group.
Earlier in 2014, he had been given bail in a case which left 165 people dead and nine gunmen killed.
The bail itself was said to be given after the evidence against the accused weakened when a primary school teacher testified that Ajmal Kasab was very much alive and living in Pakistan.
However, he was then detained in another abduction case, and taken into protective custody.TweetFollow @thenewsminute