The highly anticipated audio launch of superstar Rajinikanth's 2.0 is set to take place this week on Friday. Tickets for the event, most likely to be presided over by Kamal Haasan, were sold out in a few hours as audiences are looking forward to the live performance of A.R Rahman with bated breath.
Rahman will perform songs from the album on the occasion. While the film has just one song, a duet featuring Rajinikanth and Amy Jackson, the album is rumoured to have five songs and Rahman will perform all the tracks on Friday at Burj Khalifa where the highly anticipated event will take place.
If you're kicked about the event, here are six things you need to know:
1. 2.0 will become the first film ever to have its audio launch in Burj Park. The Dubai Government has given permission for this big event.
2. Oscar winning composer A.R.Rahman will perform the songs live, with 125 symphony musicians.
3. Bosco dance group will have a dance performance in tribute to Shankar, Rajinikanth, and A.R.Rahman.
4. 12000 free passes have been issued for this event.
5. LED screens worth a whopping Rs. 2 crore will be put up at shopping malls in Dubai for the live relay of the event.
6. The King of Dubai is expected to grace this event with his presence.
Rumoured to be made on a budget of over INR 400 crore, 2.0 reunites Shankar and Rajinikanth for the third time. Although most of the talkie portion has already been completed, the makers postponed the release to ensure high quality VFX output. Over 15 studios from across the globe are simultaneously working on different portions of the film. Also starring Akshay Kumar as the antagonist, apart from Adil Hussain and Sudhanshu Pandey, the film will be released in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu next year in January.