The victim has been identified as P Revanth, a resident of Kabutarkhana in Old City who was out for walking his pet dog.

Hyderabad teen electrocuted after his dogs chain gets entangled with electric poleImage credit: Facebook/Syed Saleem
news News Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:41

A 19-year-old youth died of electric shock on late Saturday night after his dog’s iron leash got entangled with an electric pole in Old City area near Hussian Alam.

The victim has been identified as P Revanth, a resident of Kabutarkhana in Old City who was out for walking his pet dog.

“When Revanth went out for a walk, the dog went near an electric iron pole, when the incident took place. As the dog was wearing a leather belt on its neck, the dog did not get hurt, but Revanth who was holding the iron leash, got electrocuted,” inspector G Shyamsundar told TNM.

He also said that five people who were standing nearby came to his rescue. “A few local residents tried to save the boy with a bamboo stick but it was too late,” he added.

Revanth was rushed to Osmania General Hospital immediately, where doctors declared him dead.

Officials of the electricity department told Deccan Chronicle that a faulty insulation could be the cause for the electric current in the pole.

Following a complaint by the family, a case has been registered under section 174 of the CrPC (suspicious death).

“Though it looks like an accident, we are still going ahead with investigation to find out if it was the fault of the electricity department. Only after that, police will register a relevant case accordingly,” the Inspector added.

In March this year, a 13-year-old boy had died of electric shock after he was taking a selfie by standing on top of a railway coach at Moula Ali.

K Sai Kumar, a class 7 student along with his friends went to Moula Ali railway station. According to Times of India, while playing at the station, Sai got on top of a stationary coach and started taking a selfie.

He suddenly came in contact with a high tension wire and got electric shock. He was then rushed to Osmania General Hospital, where he was being treated for 72% burns, however, he succumbed later.

 

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.