A forensic analysis will determine if Sirisha was sexually assaulted.

Hyderabad beautician Sirishas post-morterm reveals injury marks cops probe sexual assaultImage: Screenshot/ETV
news Crime Friday, June 16, 2017 - 09:25

Two days after the Hyderabad police recovered the body of  a beautician from a photo studio in the city's posh Film Nagar area, the post-morterm report has reportedly revealed that her body bore injury marks. 

Sirisha was a beautician, who also worked as an HR manager for the studio, and was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her office, on Tuesday.

The Hindu reported that the post-morterm result, conveyed orally to the police, revealed that her body bore scratch injuries on the neck, eye and near the lips. 

However, the newspaper report adds that there was no definite sign of a sexual assault.

The Times of India reported that doctors collected vaginal swabs of the victim and sent them for forensic analysis to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) to find out if there was a sexual assault. 

Sirisha had called her husband, Satish Chandra, on Monday night and said that she would be home late. However, her body was found the following morning. 

Police said that they were informed of the incident, when the owner of the studio, Rajiv, dialled 100.

The police detained Rajiv, and a mutual friend, Sravan, on Wednesday for questioning.

The police have unofficially linked the death of Sirisha, with the suicide of a police officer in the state's Kuknoorpally police station in Siddipet district.

SI Prabhakar Reddy was found dead at his police quarters on Wednesday, after he allegedly shot himself with his service revolver.

According to the police version, Sirisha and Rajiv were in a relationship and a dispute had cropped up among them. Sravan had suggested that he knew the Kuknoorpally SI, who could 'settle' the matter.

On Monday, the trio went to Kuknoorpally to meet Prabhakar, and consumed alcohol on the way, the police said.

They added that the SI also consumed alcohol once the trio reached his police quarters and allegedly tried to rape Sirisha. 

Following this, the police claimed that the trio returned to Hyderabad and had another altercation, after which Sirisha walked into her office, and allegedly hung herself.

However, the SI's relatives have vehemently opposed this version of the police, and said that Prabhakar killed himself due to harassment by his seniors. 

When a section of the media telecasted these 'links' between the two deaths, the relatives protesting outside the police station on Wednesday turned into an angry mob, and set one OB van on fire.

Meanwhile, Sirisha's husband, Satish Chandra alleged that his wife had not committed suicide, but was murdered.

Stating that she was not a coward to commit suicide, he blamed Rajiv for Sirisha’s death.