The incident occurred at Ganikapudi village in Prathipadu police limits.

Housewarming ceremony turns tragic in Andhra Man 2 kids electrocuted in GunturImage for representation purpose only.
news Deaths Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 14:25

A housewarming ceremony turned into tragedy for a family of four in Andhra’s Guntur district, when a man along with his two children got electrocuted in Prathipadu and died at around 9.30am on Thursday morning.

The housewarming ceremony happened on Wednesday night while the tragedy took place on Thursday morning.

The incident occurred at Ganikapudi village in Prathipadu police limits. The deceased were identified as 26-year-old Gummadi Yesubabu, his five-year-old son Solomon Raju and three-year-old daughter Rani.

Gummadi, hailing from Dronadula in Marturu of Prakasam district, along with his family had come to his close relative’s housewarming ceremony, according to investigating officers.

Speaking to TNM, Prathipadu Sub Inspector of Police (SI) Ravindra S, said, “The three of them died on the spot when Gummadi was fixing the cable connection. He apparently connected the dish/cable wire to the normal wire which led to the flow of current though his hand. His two children who were seemingly holding on to him also got electrocuted in the process."

The Sub Inspector added, "The deaths were accidental, they were actually about to leave their village within minutes if this wouldn’t have happened".

Police have registered a case under Section 174 CrPC.

Police have conducted an inquest and the bodies have been sent to Guntur Govt Hospital for post-mortem.

A pall of gloom has descended on Ganikapudi village where the incident occurred and Dronadula of neighbouring Prakasham district, which is the deceased’s native place.

Topic tags,
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.