1. The case of M. Rishiteswari, a B.Arch student who committed suicide at the Acharya Nagarjuna University in Guntur took a new turn on Wednesday, as a second diary was discovered at her home in Warangal. The second diary, details more instances of harassment that Rishiteswari faced from her seniors and friends. Read TNM's report.
2. With the State facing a deficit rainfall of 11 per cent, the government has advised the farmers of Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam districts not to wait for release of water from Nagarjunasagar Project for kharif season and go for alternative crops. Read The Hindu's report.
3. A first-year law student of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) was allegedly raped by her senior, who was under the influence of alcohol. The incident took place after a party in an apartment under MVP police station limits in Visakhapatnam on Thursday, Deccan Chronicle reports.
4. Though the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data for 2014 shows that the number of students ending their lives has gone down, Andhra Pradesh and Vijayawada seem to be bucking this trend. Reports say there have been close to 400 suicide attempts in the city alone, this year. Read a Times of India report.
5. A joint team of Red Sanders Anti-Smuggling Task Force (RSASTF) and forest department seized 205 red sanders logs from three different places in the Seshachalam forest area on Wednesday and Thursday. The logs, totally weighing about 4 tonnes and worth Rs 4 crore, were seized during the combing operations. Read a report in The New Indian Express.