Police said short circuit could have caused the blast

Family of three dies in refrigerator blast at ThiruvananthapuramPic : Manorama News screen shot
news Friday, July 22, 2016 - 09:20

In a tragic incident, a family including a four-year-old died in a refrigerator blast after inhaling toxic gas at their home in Thiruvananthapuram.

The victims Anil Raj (33), a native of Dhanuvachapuram, his wife Aruna (28), and their four-year-old daughter Aleesha were found dead by their neighbours on Thursday morning.

Police said short circuit could have caused the blast.

“The exact reason can be said only after scientific experts analyse the accident. As per our preliminary understanding, short circuit was the reason, and death occurred due to inhaling poisonous fumes,” Thiruvananthapuram city police commissioner Sparjan Kumar told media.

The rented house where the family stayed had no proper ventilation, which could also be another reason for the tragedy, according to police.



Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.