Ajay got into the victim’s cab and began demanding that the victim agree to his proposal.

Bengaluru stalker slashes off part of flight attendants earFile Photo
news Crime Friday, May 17, 2019 - 16:54

A 30-year-old man, who had allegedly slashed off part of a flight attendant’s ear when she refused his marriage proposal, surrendered to the Bengaluru Police in the early hours of Friday.

Ajay Kumar alias Jokey, a resident of Jalahalli had stalked a 27-year-old flight attendant for months. Kodigehalli Police, who are investigating the case, say that Ajay Kumar first met the victim a few years ago through her older sister. “Ajay and the woman became friends through her older sister. A few months ago, Ajay asked the victim to marry him and she refused,” a Kodigehalli Police official said.

The victim, the police said, told Ajay that she was not interested in speaking with him any longer. However, Ajay allegedly began stalking her and constantly harassing her whilst demanding that she marry him.

“A few months ago, the victim told her parents and together they had approached the Jalahalli police and the victim filed a complaint alleging that he had been sexually harassing her for months,” the police said.

Jalahalli Police told TNM that Ajay had multiple cases registered against him and after the victim filed her complaint of sexual harassment, the police opened a rowdy-sheet against Ajay Kumar.

“He has multiple cases of assault and sexual harassment filed against him so we opened a rowdy-sheet. Around 4.30 pm on May 12, the victim was returning from work in a cab. She was passing by Hebbal when her cab was waylaid by Ajay,” a police official from Kodigehalli said.

Ajay allegedly got into the cab and began demanding that the victim agree to his proposal. When she refused, he allegedly ripped off her right ear, stabbed her in the face, and punched her in the stomach.

“The driver rushed her to a private hospital nearby. She underwent treatment and has been discharged. The knife stabbed her chin and her right ear has been damaged,” the police added.

The North-East division police were on the look out for Ajay. However, he surrendered to the Yeshwanthpur Police early on Friday morning. He has been booked for assault with a deadly weapon, sexual harassment, and criminal intimidation, and remanded to judicial custody.