A Bengaluru businessman had to undergo intensive treatment for a stroke he suffered, after having a neck massage at a salon in May.
However, Babu Reddy, on Monday said that he is not sure about filing a complaint, as it was his fault also to have availed the service.
According to The Times of India report, as 40-year-old Babu was walking back home after a massage, he felt uneasy and dizzy. He somehow made it to his house. But things went out of hand and he had to be admitted to Columbia Asia hospital in Whitefield and was unconscious for over 48 hours since, reported ToI.
After diagnosis, doctors found a tear in a major artery supplying blood.
Dr Mahesh Sambasivam, a consultant neurosurgeon at Columbia Asia, said: “He had to be stabilized with medications and airway maintenance: insertion of an endotracheal tube. He was put on ventilator. MRI scans showed a tear in a major artery supplying blood to the hind brain, which resulted in acute vertebro-basilar stroke.”
Dr. Mahesh reportedly blamed his condition on the lack of training and efficiency of the masseuse. He also said that Babu was lucky to have survived the stroke as it could have caused permanent disability.
The doctor added that this particular neurological problem is rare as many people don’t report it.
He also advised that clients should not avail such complimentary services from undertrained people at local salons.
On Monday, Babu said, “I was shocked. I underwent intensive treatment for over 10 days. To be fully cured, I have to be on medication and undergo neurorehabilitation. I am not in a state to file a police complaint. Also, since I chose to avail the package, I cannot blame the salon alone.”