You, the changemaker
We believe residents can make a positive impact in a neighbourhood and can bring in a difference to the society they live in. You may be an ordinary citizen or an environmental activist; but if you have volunteered and found a solution to address a problem in your neighbourhood, write to us at email[at]thenewsminute[dot]com. We will feature your blogs on TNM.
The issues that a changemaker may have addressed:
- Roads, streetlights, other civic infrastructure
Your blog should have the following key points:
- A particular issue that has been addressed by resident/s or resident welfare associations.
- Creative methods used by the resident/s or welfare associations.
- Challenges faced and overcome.
- Help provided by government agencies, if any.
- The outcome.
- How many residents did this impact?
- Response from residents.
How to write
A maximum of 700 words providing details and anecdotes on how change has been affected in society. The blog must be a first-person account. How, when, where, what, who and why must be addressed. And, of course, pictures!
Image courtesy: Facebook/Tejdeep Kaur Menon