1. Though the Chandrababu Naidu government has been dropping enough hints of moving all its offices to Andhra Pradesh and even holding the Assembly session there, its actions paint a different picture. The state government has sanctioned Rs 97 lakh to renovate the soon-to-be abandoned Assembly building in Hyderabad, Times of India reports.
2. Six people including a Karnataka legislator were killed and 20 others injured when a truck hit a coach of a moving train in Andhra Pradesh in the early hours of Monday. The driver of the granite-laden truck lost control and hit a coach of Nanded Express at a level crossing in Anantpur district. Read more.
3. All the pilgrims visiting the shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala will soon be getting one laddu weighing 100 gm as prasadam free when they exit from the temple. Earlier, only VVIPs and trekkers had the privilege, while ordinary pilgrims had to purchase the laddus. This was one of the key decisions taken by the TTD on Monday. Read a report in The New Indian Express.
4. Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan has summoned the State Legislative Assembly to meet at 9.30 A.M. on August 31. A notification to this effect was issued by the Governor on Monday. The session is expected to be of a short duration and might last for about five to six days, The Hindu reports.
5. The Kolleru wildlife sanctuary has got temporary reprieve from the National Board for Wildlife. The board has appointed a working group to study the reduction of lake contour from +5 feet to +3 feet and submit a report on the same in two months. The Kolleru lake, one of the largest freshwater lakes in the country, spreads over 901 sq km. Read a Deccan Chronicle report.