Aditya was supposed to board a bus to Hyderabad from Bengaluru.

31 year old techie goes missing under mysterious circumstances in BengaluruImage: Aditya/ Facebook post
news Missing Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:47

Update - Aditya Shrivastava has been found. Kritika Saxena, Aditya's fiancee, put up a Facebook status stating that Aditya has been found.

“All your blessings have worked. It’s only and only your prayers that have worked. Aditya Shrivastava has been found and is safe and sound. Thank you so much,” she wrote.

Our story earlier on the incident: A thirty-one-year-old techie has gone missing under mysterious circumstances from Bengaluru on Monday night, when he was supposed to board a bus to Hyderabad.

According to Antara Chatterjee, her friend Aditya Shrivastava, who is based in Mumbai, was supposed to board a 9:30 pm bus from Bengaluru to reach Hyderabad on Tuesday morning.

On Monday night, he last texted his fiancé Kritika Saxena at 9:12 pm. Aditya was travelling to Hyderabad to receive Kritika from the airport. His last phone trace was at 9.58 pm in Bellandur in Bengaluru, Antara said.

“He told Kritika that the bus was leaving. He also told her that he was running low on battery and would meet her on Tuesday,” she added.

Missing complaints have been registered with the Hyderabad police and Kaggalipura police station in Karnataka.

Kaggalipura sub-inspector Krishna Kumar, told The News Minute: “The complaint was registered on Tuesday night but they did not give us a hardcopy of the photograph. We only have a soft copy. The complainant said that Aditya had come to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s  ashram. He was leaving to Hyderabad from Bengaluru by bus on Monday night. We still have to investigate the case. We don’t know yet whether he boarded the bus or not. We are also checking for any CCTV footage evidence to find out what could have happened.”

Antara said that Aditya was in Bengaluru for a business meeting about 3-4 days ago and that he had stayed at the Ravishankar Ashram since he is a member of Art of Living.

Asked on which bus he was supposed to travel, Antara said that he had booked a bus through the Red Bus website for the same night, however, he wanted that ticket cancelled as he wanted to book an earlier bus.

“He told his mother to cancel the Red Bus ticket that was for the 9:20 bus and said that he would go to the bus stop and directly book a ticket from Bellandur,” Aditya’s brother Akshay said. Akshay is currently in Bengaluru to look for his brother. 

A police source said that they were also investigating the possibility that he did not leave Bengaluru on 10th. 

"He has told his family that he was leaving on 10th. According to the Ashram documents and footage procured from there, it seems he may have left the Ashram only on 11th morning. We are still looking for him," said Krishna Kumar.

(With inputs from Aditi Mallick and Sarayu Srinivasan.)

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.