There’s a Justin Bieber concert in Mumbai today, and if you’re over the ripe old age of 25, chances are that’s all you know about this thing that everyone seems to be talking about.
But just because we’re old, that doesn’t mean we should suffer from FOMO (that’s Fear of Missing Out, grandma).
So if you want to understand what this huge sensation is all about, and to actually participate in all the excitement around you, here’s a cheat sheet. And we’re also putting in some of his most popular songs in here, just so you can pretend you’ve been following Justin Bieber since, err, he was in his diapers.
1. Justin Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter born in 1994. Yes, 1994. No wonder one of his most popular songs is called ‘Baby.’
2. He started off as a YouTube sensation, who was ‘discovered’ by singer Usher at the age of 13. Go say ‘Sorry’ to your younger self now.
3. Before his India tour – his first, by the way – he had a huge list of demands: A masseuse from Kerala, a helicopter, two five star hotels for his staff, a Jacuzzi… But fans wanted him to have everything he wanted, ‘As long as you love me,’ they said.
4. Like many of his colleagues, Bieber has been in trouble with the law many times - there was even a petition to deport him from the US once! And although it wasn’t an ‘Eenie Meenie’ petition, he wasn’t chucked out by the government.
5. Ok so we’re tired of making puns to fit his songs. His other big hit is called ‘What do you mean.’